9 Comments

1. CCA e-mailer
    April 7, 2015 @ 5:30 pm

Dear CCA,

Excellent job on an item that has been missing. Is there any way that simple
    flyers that refer people to this web sits could be put in the tourist
    office, their web site, local motels and rental realtors so that summer
    tourists could learn of these places?

….. Regarding your section on kayaking/canoeing ….. The Wood Pawcatuk
    Watershed Association has a great guide for places to kayak/canoe on the
    Wood and Pawcatuck rivers. I am sure that they would be happy to let you add
    a link to that.

• Steering Committee
      April 8, 2015 @ 5:37 pm

Thanks, excellent idea! You can get the book at this link http://www.wpwa.org/shop.php and labeled Wood-Pawcatuck River Guide

2. Meg
    April 6, 2015 @ 10:18 am

This is a wonderful resource — thank you! Just one note — it would also be helpful to note whether dogs are permitted on hiking trails (I believe they are not permitted in national wildlife refuge properties?).

3. Jana
    April 5, 2015 @ 7:42 pm

This is a great guide to our wonderful open spaces. Thanks.

4. Cheryl Dowdell
    April 5, 2015 @ 1:55 pm

Hi Ruth,
    This is a great idea. Good luck with it.
    You may have accessed this site, but it’s a good one for everyone to have for
    south County.

5. CCA e-mailer
    April 3, 2015 @ 12:15 pm

This is a class act! I don’t think the state has anything of this quality! How do we thank you? The pictures are superb and the narrative straightforward clarity. Congratulations on a really fantastic job.

6. CCA e-mailer
    April 2, 2015 @ 7:51 pm

I know the obvious places, but not the less traveled ones. We are always looking for interesting sites for our painting/drawing activity and we need to explore Charlestown for some interesting places. This will help a lot and also motivate us to see new places.

7. CCA e-mailer
    April 1, 2015 @ 5:30 pm

Looks great ! Thanks….

8. CCA - emailer
    April 1, 2015 @ 10:06 am

Greetings. I think the online guide is a great thing, and I look forward to seeing how it evolves. I haven’t gone through it thoroughly yet, but I did notice two things. There are maps of each area, but no overall map that I could find of where they are in town for context and relationship since there must be areas that abut. This would be especially useful for those somewhat unfamiliar with the geography. Also, I noticed that Carter Preserve entrance point from Narragansett Trail (King’s Factory Rd) is omitted. This is especially important due to the new addition, and that it doesn’t drop the visitor straight into forest, but into open land with very different fauna and flora.

Keep up the good work.