Keeping You Up To Date with Charlestown News and Events
Recent Posts In CCA Blog and Mailbox
In a continuing effort to connect visitors to nature, the Community Artists Program displays nature inspired artwork at the Kettle Pond Visitor Center in Charlestown. Join us at the Kettle Pond Visitor Center all month to celebrate May’s showcased community artist, whose work will be displayed for the entire month and can be viewed by […]
What: Town Budget Hearing
When: Monday, May 2 at 7 p.m.
Where: Charlestown Town Hall
A citizen’s group has acquired a sufficient number of signatures of qualified voters to place an independent warrant item on the June 6 Financial Referendum. The added ballot item would authorize the Town to borrow $1.75 million to purchase the General Stanton Inn.
When: Sunday, May 1, from 12 noon to 4 pm
Where: Rustic Rose Florist, Gifts, & Vintage Collectibles, 350 Narrow Lane, Charlestown
Tom has allowed us to use many of his photographs at the CCA website and Facebook page. His wildlife photography is beautiful and includes many local species and habitats.
- Polls are open 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
- If you are registered as “Unaffiliated”, you can vote in either the Republican or Democrat primary
- After you vote, request the form to disaffiliate so you can return to, or become, “Unaffiliated”
Polling place for districts 0501 & 0502 – Charlestown Town Hall
- Polling place for districts 0503 & 0504 – Charlestown Ambulance Station
When: Wednesday, April 27, from 6 to 7 p.m.
Where: Cross’ Mills Public Library
What: Final public hearing for Charlestown’s Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan
You have to go out of town for this training, but the weather you’ll report is local. When: Wednesday June 1st, 7-9 PM Where: Doctor’s Auditorium, Kent Hospital, 455 Toll Gate Road, Warwick, RI Satisfy your interest in weather while helping improve public safety: Learn how to identify signs of severe weather, and become a […]
- An effort to reduce solid waste by limiting transport of goods from retail outlets in single-use plastic bags and polystyrene (Styrofoam) containers.
- Resolutions to the General Assembly for statewide action die in committee.
- We are a resort community, where pollution of the landscape and waterways detracts from the appeal of our tourist economy.
- Includes video on this topic
Where: Frosty Drew Nature Center and Observatory in Ninigret Park
When: May 7, 2016 Registration begins at 10am, Race begins 11:15am
Cost: $25 by May 6, $30 day of; Under 12 free