The Planning Commission shapes the landscape and character of the town, now and into the future. Therefore it is very important to vote for Planning Commission members who share your vision for the Town of Charlestown.
The beauty of Charlestown’s forests, ponds, beaches and other open spaces drew Erin to Charlestown and she wishes to serve to protect them in her term on the Planning Commission.
We believe Charlestown’s land use decisions will be in good hands with Erin as a member of the Planning Commission.
Erin P. Russell – Planning Commission
Erin raised her three sons on Watchaug Pond, and now spends her spare time refurbishing a fixer-upper near Burlingame that she acquired in 2009. She is passionate about maintaining Charlestown’s small town character and charm, and feels strongly that residents like herself should step forward and do what they can to protect and preserve it. An avid outdoorswoman, she cherishes the natural beauty of Charlestown, and considers it to be an asset that should be protected and transmitted unspoiled to future generations. Erin is taking action on that belief with a run for the Planning Commission.
- Bachelor of Arts: Psychology and Theater, Bates College – graduated Phi Beta Kappa
- Certification in Early Childhood Administration, University of California, Los Angeles
- Special Education Paraprofessional, Stonington School Department (present position)
- Youth Employment Counselor, South County Community Action
- Preschool Director and Elementary School Assistant Director, Hollywood Schoolhouse, Los Angeles, CA
- Erin wore many hats in support of her children’s educational activities, including community garden organizer, book fair volunteer, t-ball coach, cub scout mom, cooking class adult helper, and serving on the board of directors at the Sewanee Children’s Center.
- Erin enjoys hiking, kayaking, and gardening with her husband Bob. She has three adult children, all of whom share her abiding love for Watchaug Pond and Charlestown’s beaches, salt ponds, and open spaces.