- This event has passed.
WPWA Earth Day Cleanup
April 25, 2014
Help WPWA keep our watershed healthy and beautiful by voluteering a few hours of your time to clean up a public access area along one of our beautiful rivers. You choose a time that is convenient for you – anytime the weekend of April 25-26.
Chose a site and then PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com with the following information:
* The name/# of the site that you want to tidy up.
* The number of participants (& their approximate ages).
* Why you are choosing this particular site – does it mean something special to you? (optional)
Bags and gloves for collecting trash and bottled water will be provided to all volunteers. A dumpster will be placed at the WPWA headquarters and it is requested that you deliver your collected trash by Monday (EARTH DAY!) the 22nd of April. Once a site has a designated volunteer a name will appear in all capitals immediately following (see #10). If a site is taken, but you would still like to help there, just indicate that in your registration email. Thanks!
1. Rt. 165 Check-in Station, Exeter
2. The Pines and Deep Hole, Exeter
3. Browning Mill Pond, Exeter
4. Frosty Hollow Pond, Exeter
5. Queen’s River at Mail Road, Exeter
6. Wyoming Pond, Hopkinton
7. Hope Valley Fishing Access, Hopkinton
8. Alton Pond, Hopkinton
9. Woodville Road access, Hopkinton
10. Barberville Dam, Hopkinton
11. Beaver River Fishing Access, Rt. 138, Richmond
12. Beaver River at Shannock Hill Rd., Richmond
13. Horseshoe Falls, Shannock Village, Richmond
14. Shannock Canoe Access at Railroad St., Richmond
15. Jay Cronan access, Richmond
16. Carolina Trout Pond, Richmond
17. Meadow Brook at Pine Hill Rd., Richmond
18. Meadow Brook Pond, Richmond
19. Switch Road Canoe access, Richmond
20. Barber Pond, South Kingstown
21. Worden Pond, South Kingstown
22. Taylor’s Landing, Rt. 138, South Kingstown
23. Bradford access, Bradford
24. White Rock, Westerly
25. Chapman Pond, Westerly
*** Don’t see a site that you think should be on this list? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.***
For More Information Contact: Heather Hamilton: email@example.com, 401-539-9017