2017 Trunk or Treat and Pumpkin Walk
When: Saturday, October 28 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Where: Ninigret Park
Dress the kids in their costumes and enjoy free trick or treating with a twist; instead of going from house to house, participants will trick or treat from decorated car trunk to trunk.
Candy donations for this event are being accepted and can be dropped off at the Parks & Recreation Office at Town Hall.
Trunk or Treat provides a safe and fun way for families to enjoy Halloween!
Calling all car owners! Dress in costume, decorate your car (or truck) and join the fun, trick or treating in Ninigret Park. You must supply the treats for the trick or treaters.
If you wish to decorate your car for the Trunk or Treat, you MUST pre-Register.
- Cars must register their vehicles to be allowed to participate at this event.
- Visit the Parks and Recreation Office to register – you must bring a copy of car registration, copy of license and copy of car insurance.
- Cars must remain at the site from 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Participants are asked to donate at least two bags of candy – they will be distributed to the “trunks” the day of the event
- Little ones will be at the event so please don’t make your cars gruesome or scary
- For more information on pre-registering call the Parks and Recreation Office at 401-364-1222.
When the sun goes down, the pumpkins will begin to glow. Walk along the Park on a path lit by carved pumpkins. Please donate a carved pumpkin for this event. Jackolantern donations can be dropped off at Ninigret Park near the Kimball Pavilion on Friday, October 27th from 5pm – 8pm. Carved pumpkins will not be returned.
Call the Parks and Recreation Office for more details about the event at 401-364-1222.