Ninigret Salt Marsh Planting
Plant a salt marsh with Save The Bay! Volunteers will plant salt marsh grasses in the Ninigret salt marsh restoration area to protect the marsh from sea level rise. Partners in this effort are Save The Bay, CRMC, Salt Ponds Coalition, Town of Charlestown, and RIDEM.
When: Saturday, May 20, 1pm to 4pm, and Sunday, May 21, 1pm to 4pm
Or: Saturday, May 20, 9am to 12pm, and Sunday, May 21, 9am to 12pm
Click on a date/time to visit the Save The Bay website to complete their volunteer waiver form and register to volunteer.
Where to meet: We will meet at the Charlestown Breachway parking lot. A boat will ferry volunteers across the breachway to the Ninigret salt marsh restoration area.
What to wear/bring:
- Wear sturdy footwear (hiking boots are ideal) and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Save The Bay will provide work gloves, but please feel free to bring your own.
- Please dress for the weather! Remember, it is often colder and windier by the shore.
- Please bring your own reusable bottle of water if you have one.
- Save The Bay will provide planting tools.
NOTE: volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver.
Questions? Contact July Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read all about a similar project in this article.