Bringing Story of Railroad Impacts to Republican Breakfast and Everywhere
Our team is working literally day and night to get the message out about the negative impacts the Federal Railroad Administration plan will have on homes, farms, and resources of state wide importance. We are working making maps and content for the website and other publications, on Facebook, sending emails, calling all the press and up-state politicians repeatedly. Below we describe one of the events some of the coalition attended.
We aren’t asking for thanks, but we do want your help. What can you do to help?
- Get your friends and family to the State House Rally on Wednesday, January 25
- Join our Facebook event set up for the Rally. If you have a Facebook account, go to the event link, say you are going (that is a pull down under “interested”) then go to the “share” tab and click on “invite friends” and then either select all your friends or click on any friends who are driving distance to Providence or Charlestown and then click on “send invites”
- Tell your environmental, agricultural, and other organizations about the Rally. Ask them to share the Rally information with their members.
- Write the FRA and every politician whose support we need and tell them to “drop the Bypass”
- Sign and share the petition against the Bypass.
The coalition of Charlestown Town Council members, Narragansett tribe members, Charlestown Citizens Alliance representatives, residents impacted by the railroad, and others took their message of stopping the Bypass to the South County Republican Breakfast at Boucher’s Wood River Inn, in Wyoming, Rhode Island on Saturday morning, January 21.