When looking for a full time home for retirement, Julie found in Charlestown a community with beautiful ocean beaches, miles of inland hiking trails, impressive opportunities for both passive and active recreation, star filled skies, wonderful quiet, and one of Rhode Island’s lowest tax rates. After attending Town Council meetings it became clear that what kept Charlestown’s natural, cultural, and economic resources in balance was an open and dedicated Town Council who valued these resources and were willing to do the hard work to protect them. Julie is building on this hard work of past community leaders and continues to work in the interest of the majority of Charlestown’s citizens.
Julie A. Carroccia – Town Council
Julie graduated from URI with a degree in English, and studied Law at Boston College, but ultimately left to pursue a career in banking and finance where she rose to an executive position at Bank of America. In her last position with the Bank, Julie’s team was responsible for examining and monitoring credit risk for large corporate portfolios. She has an extensive management background with both very senior individuals (SVPs) as well as a large volume of staff (>100 in one role.) Upon retirement, she chose to make Charlestown her full time home and quickly got involved in protecting Charlestown’s natural and cultural character. She brings that commitment to our town’s character along with her impressive management skills to her seat on the Town Council.
- Extensive Management, Credit Risk Underwriting/Management and Regulatory Compliance Training
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Law school for 1.5 years, Boston College
- Course work in Accounting and Economics, University of Rhode Island
- Bachelor of Arts in English, University of Rhode Island (Alumni Association Merit Scholar)
The majority of Julie’s banking career was with Bank of America (started 1988; retired late 2015.) Most recent roles included:
- Credit Review Manager-Corporate Credit Risk America
- Enterprise Credit Policy and Governance Executive
- Credit Products Approval Manager
- Credit Integration Executive/Business Banking Monitoring Executive
- Charlestown Town Council 2016 – present
- Charlestown Animal Shelter Volunteer
- Rocky Hill Grange Assistant Steward
- Key Dog Training Club Board Member
- Scandinavian Home Board of Directors
- Julie has many diverse interests as she enjoys business/economic analysis, gardening, and hiking with her dogs on Charlestown trails from the barrier beach to the Francis Carter Preserve.
- Julie is married to Tom Carroccia, a Science Teacher who previously had an extensive business career, and has a son, Matthew, who graduated from Rhode Island College and coaches soccer.
- Julie fully supports the CCA Platform for the 2016 election