Dr. Lew Johnson
Lew’s past pubic service as a Planning Commission Member and his 23 years as a local small business owner give him the experience needed to be an excellent member of the Planning Commission.
Lew believes that the continued protection of Charlestown’s dark night skies, open space and other natural resources, and the charm of our village centers is key to the long term health of Charlestown’s economy and low tax rate.
Lewis E. Johnson – Planning Commission
Lew is a Veterinarian who recently retired from active practice after providing care to local animals at his Old Post Road office for 23 years. Dr. Johnson previously served on the Charlestown Planning Commission where his well reasoned decisions served to protect Charlestown’s natural and cultural character. Lew has lived in Charlestown since 1991.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Perugia
- Bachelor of Science: Psychology, University of Virginia
- Owner and Veterinarian at his private Veterinary practice on Old Post Road in Charlestown for 23 years
- Charlestown Planning Commission Member 2004 to 2010
- Charlestown Planning Commission/Economic Improvement Commission Subcommittee Member 2006 to 2008
- Participated in the 2006 Charlestown Comprehensive Plan Update
- Since retiring from active veterinary practice, Lew has dedicated his time to restoring and updating the landscape and structure of his 1920’s era home in the Old Post Road Traditional Village District
- Lew and his wife Daniela raised their son in Charlestown