Sherry feels exceptionally fortunate to live in Charlestown because of our town’s natural beauty. Sherry’s continuing service on the Planning Commission will help ensure that any changes in our community maintain and/or enhance it’s special beauty and character.
Sherry has given much to Charlestown and we are grateful that she is willing to give even more by volunteering for another term on Charlestown’s elected Planning Commission.
Sherry D. Krupka – Planning Commission
Sherry has already proven herself as a dedicated volunteer for Charlestown. Sherry was previously elected twice to the Planning Commission, and she was appointed this January to fill an empty seat on the Planning Commission. She has also previously served as a member of the Charlestown Conservation Commission. Sherry has two Masters degrees, one in Adult Education and the other with an emphasis in Outdoor Recreation and those degrees have excellent application to the Comprehensive Plan topics the Planning Commission is now engaged in. Sherry has lived in Charlestown since 1993.
- Masters of Arts: Adult Education, University of Rhode Island
- Elementary Education Certification, Roger Williams University
- Masters of Science: Recreation (emphasis in outdoor recreation), Cortland State University
- Bachelors 0f Science: Physical Education, Ohio State University
- Faculty Member / University Affiliate, University of Rhode Island
- Literacy instructor, Associates in Cultural Exchange, University of Rhode Island
- Vermont State Recreation and Leisure Service Consultant
- Vermont State Land and Water Conservation Administrator
- Charlestown Planning Commission, January 2016 – present
- University of RI, Adult Education Advisory Committee member
- Charlestown Planning Commission 2002 – 2006
- Participated in the 2006 Charlestown Comprehensive Plan Update
- Charlestown Conservation Commission
- Sherry enjoys swimming in Charlestown’s ponds, reading, and caring for her Newfoundland dogs. She and her husband John have two sons.