Chariho School District’s 2015-2016 Budget Referendum Tuesday
Chariho School District’s 2015-2016 Budget Referendum
Charlestown Town Hall
Tuesday April 7
8:00AM to 8:00PM
On April 7, Charlestown, Hopkinton and Richmond residents will vote on whether to approve the Chariho School District’s 2015-2016 proposed budget in the amount of $56.9 million. This is a .37% Increase in Expenses, but $686,870 less in total contributions from Charlestown, Richmond and Hopkinton.
Here are some details about Charlestown’s share of the proposed school budget
- Total Budget for all three towns = $56,896,842.00
- Charlestown’s Share = $14,760,089.00
- Charlestown’s Share minus reallocation of Chariho Fund Balance* = $14,760,089.00 – $683,075.00 = $14,077,014.00
- Charlestown’s Debt Service Share = $187,138.00, which is 1/3 the amount divided equally among the three towns.
- Charlestown’s Costs including Operating plus Debt Service = $14,264,152.00
- This is a reduction for Charlestown of $48,776.00 from last year’s school budget, or a 0.34% decrease based on student enrollments.
- Anticipated 2015-2016 State Aid for Charlestown = $1,721,411.00, which would mean if that figure is deducted from the budget, our cost for education next year will be $12,542,741.00.
*This Chariho budget uses $2,434,877.00 in school district fund balance this year, but that will not be available next year, so the Charlestown Budget Commission recommends a reserve of $250,000 for the Town’s budget for FY 2016.
Please take the time Tuesday to cast your vote.