Town Council slate is proud of the accomplishments of the CCA incumbents
On November 6, Charlestown residents will vote for members of the Charlestown Town Council. This is an important election—it is a choice to continue with an open, transparent and accountable government that treats residents with civility and respect. The Charlestown Citizens Alliance (CCA) four member Town Council slate is proud of the accomplishments of the CCA incumbents, Council President Tom Gentz and Vice President Dan Slattery. During the past two years, Councilors Gentz and Slattery:
- Have kept their word by keeping taxes low. Charlestown continues to have the 3rd lowest tax rate in RI and the third lowest poverty rate.
- Have voted to support every business expansion or new business project
- Have negotiated three labor contracts, successfully crafting agreements that were acceptable to the employees, management and the Town Council.
- Led the first Town Council to approve Affordable Housing projects since the Affordable Housing Bond was passed in Charlestown six years ago, using the Bond to benefit low income applicants.
- Kept industrial-sized wind turbines out of residential neighborhoods, while supporting properly sized wind and solar energy in residential areas, and other efforts to conserve energy at town buildings to save taxpayer dollars.
- Have passed the “Dark Skies” ordinance.
- Have worked with Senator Whitehouse’s staff to come up with a list of Federal and State programs for victims of foreclosure.
- Supported dredging Ninigret Pond, helping promote the health of the Pond, which benefits wildlife as well as businesses associated with local marina owners and recreational boaters.
Both councilors are being joined on the ticket by terrific candidates—Ron Areglado and George Tremblay—who have extensive financial, business and community experience and are solid additions to the Town Council. We ask for your vote on November 6. The polls are open from 7 am to 8 pm. If you want to know more about us, please go to www.charlestowncitizens.org. Thank you for your support!
Independent Candidates for Charlestown Town Council