On the agenda this week in town meetings are the following highlights:
On Monday, August, 20, The Town Council will hold their monthly meeting. On their agenda:
- Chris Fox, the Executive Director, Wood Pawcatuck Watershed Association will make a presentation describing what steps have been taken to clear the Pawcatuck River in Charlestown for recreational kayaking and canoeing. There were a lot of downed trees from Tropical Storm Irene and other storms that had blocked the Pawcatuck in places. The waterways are now clear from Wordens pond and all of the Pawcatuck in Charlestown
- The Town Council had asked the Planning Commission to return to the Town Council in August with ideas for pole heights for the lighting ordinance. The Planning Commission is advising that the height be extended to 20 feet under some circumstances. The Town Council may advertise these proposed changes for a public hearing in October.
On Wednesday August, 22, the Planning Commission will begin review of three new subdivisions. These are on:
- Pasquiset Trail (AP 25 Lot 12 & AP 23 Lot 8) – 5 lots
- East Pasquiset Trail (AP 27 Lot 55-1) – 6 lots
- Kings Factory Road (AP 19 Lot 57) – unknown number of lots
Both meetings are at 7p.m. at Town Hall
We now have in-depth biographies for the CCA endorsed candidates in the 2012 election at http://charlestowncitizens.org/
We’ve made it easy to donate to CCA. We now have PayPal configured at our website. Please consider a donation to support our efforts in the 2012 election.
Write to us anytime, to let us know your organizations’ events, with questions you might have, or with your advice or opinions on how we can improve our emails, website or Facebook page. We love to hear from you!
Tell your neighbors and friends about our email list, forward them this email or our web site address and let them know we are a free service!!