Proposed Charter Changes will be discussed February 27, 7p.m.
The Charlestown Charter Review Commission will hold a public hearing on Monday, February 27, at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. This group has been working hard and would like citizen input on draft recommendations the group will be making to the Town Council! Drop by Town Hall tomorrow and give your comments. Thanks!
Here is a pdf with the proposed Charter Changes
In a nutshell:
- Voter Approal On Land Acquisition Over $150,000
- Term Limits for Zoning Board members
- Requirement of Public Hearing and Full Disclosure on Contracts, Partnerships, Joint Venture, Legal Arrangement
- Rules on Purchasing Supplies and Materials
- Organization of Town Council Officers
- Requirement of 5-Year Capital Improvement Program
- Two Month Prior Request for Candidates to Serve on Commissions Before Appointment